Immerse yourself in historic Faro on this walking tour of the old town. Explore its cobbled streets while learning all about its Roman and Arab past with an English speaking guide!
Faro Walking Tour
After meeting at the scheduled time at Faro Tourist Office, we'll begin our guided walking tour: travelling back in time as we explore the old town of the Algarve's capital.
As we walk through the cobbled streets of Faro, our English-speaking guide will tell us about the history of this emblematic city. Our first stop will be in front of the Arco da Vila, located in one of the Medieval gates of the ancient city wall.
We'll continue delving deeper into the old town until we reach the Largo da Sé, a beautiful square where we'll find Faro Cathedral, the 18th century Bishop's Palace and the Seminary. As we admire these three iconic buildings, our guide will reveal the most remarkable stories about each of them, like the time the British set fire to the Cathedral!
Our walking tour will also take us to visit the old Alcaçova, the former residence of the King or Governor of Faro and home to a secret door used to escape the city! Finally, before returning to the starting point, we'll approach the Jewish quarter of Faro. Here we'll find the Convent of Nuestra Señora de la Asunción, a typical Algarve Renaissance-style building.
We'll finish the guided tour of Faro after an hour and a half back at the original starting point.
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Not wheelchair accessible.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- Printed material is avoided.
- No single-use plastics are used.
- The show represents local culture.
- The activity helps the dissemination of local cultural heritage.
- The activity promotes local production.
- The activity helps the conservation of biodiversity.
- No printing of documentation required.
- Promotes local employment.
- Has a gender equality policy.
- Has a carbon footprint offset policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Faro Tourist Office.