Immerse yourself in historic Faro on this walking tour of the old town. Explore its cobbled streets while learning all about its Roman and Arab past with an English speaking guide!
Faro Walking Tour
After meeting at the scheduled time at Faro Tourist Office, we'll begin our guided walking tour: travelling back in time as we explore the old town of the Algarve's capital.
As we walk through the cobbled streets of Faro, our English-speaking guide will tell us about the history of this emblematic city. Our first stop will be in front of the Arco da Vila, located in one of the Medieval gates of the ancient city wall.
We'll continue delving deeper into the old town until we reach the Largo da Sé, a beautiful square where we'll find Faro Cathedral, the 18th century Bishop's Palace and the Seminary. As we admire these three iconic buildings, our guide will reveal the most remarkable stories about each of them, like the time the British set fire to the Cathedral!
Our walking tour will also take us to visit the old Alcaçova, the former residence of the King or Governor of Faro and home to a secret door used to escape the city! Finally, before returning to the starting point, we'll approach the Jewish quarter of Faro. Here we'll find the Convent of Nuestra Señora de la Asunción, a typical Algarve Renaissance-style building.
We'll finish the guided tour of Faro after an hour and a half back at the original starting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
Children under 12 years oldFree
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Faro Tourist Office.