Feel free on a scooter and discover Formentera’s top sights, beaches, villages and lookout points at the best price. Forget about finding a parking space, traffic jams and leave the stress behind. It’s definitely the best way to get around Formentera!
Motorcycle Rental in Formentera
Rent a motorcycle and get around Formentera hassle-free and at your own leisure. It is the best way to make the most of your time on this stunning island.
Formentera has an extremely long coastline with incredibly beautiful beaches and rugged cliffs, perfect to explore on a moped. This small islet has a mild Mediterranean climate, which will make the open-air ride even more agreeable.
By hiring a scooter you will be completely free to explore its white-sand beaches and crystal-clear water for as long as you want and comfortably. This option is not only a lot of fun, but it is also inexpensive. Cala Saona, Ses Illetes and Els Arenals are some of Formentera's best beaches.
What type of motorcycle or moped can I rent?
- Peugeot Tweet de 125cc or similar: The driver must be at least 18 years old with a category A1/A driving license or be 21 years old and a category B driving license (with at least 3 years’ experience).
The motorcycle or moped can be used by the driver and one passenger, but the second helmet is not included in the original price.
Pick-up location and opening times
You can pick up the motorbike a the Cooltra Shop at carrer de s'Almadrava, 6. It's just around the corner from the La Savina Port, meaning you can get straight there having disembarked from the ferry or boat which takes you to the island.
From June to October 2021, the shop opening times are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: from 9 am to 1:30 pm and 4 pm to 7 pm.
- Saturdays: from 9 am to 2 pm.
- Sundays: Closed
- To return the motorbike, it's important to arrive at the shop at least 30 minutes before closing time.
Important: bikes cannot be returned on Sundays, as the shops are closed. In this case you'll have to return the bikes last thing on Saturday or first thing on Monday. If you return the bike on Monday, you will have to pay for an extra day's rental.
- The prices are per motorcycle, not per person. For example, if you and another person (driver and passenger) want to rent a motorcycle, you must only rent one and, in the comments, write that you need an extra helmet. Keep in mind that the second helmet will be charged apart.
- When you collect your motorcycle or moped, you must sign a contract and leave a deposit of €150 by credit card, which is reimbursed at the end of your rental contract.
- You must return the scooter at the same time you collected it once the duration of the rental agreement is completed. You will not be reimbursed partially if you return it before the rental contract is over. Returning the vehicle late will involve a charge of €50 and the rental cost proportional to the time elapsed since the end of the of rental contract.
- All scooters include full-risk insurance with €500 excess (Standard category) and roadside assistance. There is also the possibility of getting Premium category insurance and other extras which you can choose when you collect the scooter and sign the contract. The price of Premium category insurance varies depending on the duration of the rental.
- The scooter must be returned with the same gas level as previously marked in the contract. If the scooter is not returned with the same gas level, you will be charged extra.
- If you do not have a European Union driving license, you must have an international driver’s license. For more information on the various types of driving licenses valid in Spain, click here.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protective material and safety to help avoid the spread of Covid-19.
|Peugeot Tweet 125cc Motocycle or Similar|
Peugeot Tweet 125cc Motocycle or SimilarUS$ 30.30
Peugeot Tweet 125cc Motocycle or SimilarUS$ 54.60
Peugeot Tweet 125cc Motocycle or SimilarUS$ 78.90
Peugeot Tweet 125cc Motocycle or SimilarUS$ 95.90
Peugeot Tweet 125cc Motocycle or SimilarUS$ 162.70
* The price varies based on the chosen date
125cc motocycle or moped.
Full risk insurance with €500 excess.
Medical and roadside assistance.
Second helmet for passenger, trunk, and padlock (optional).
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Carrer de s'Almadrava, 6 (La Savina, Formentera).