Explore the wild coast of Fuerteventura on a 5.5-hour trek and learn about the mysteries and legends of the people of Fuerteventura. Then, you'll enjoy exquisite tapas typical of the island.
Greet your guide as you climb on board an air-conditioned coach from your hotel. Sit back and enjoy the barren and volcanic landscape of Fuerteventura as you make your way to the Presa de las Peñitas (Las Peñitas Dam). From here, begin an 8-kilometer (5 mile) hike of moderate difficulty.
Walk along the ravine that monopolizes the landscape until you get to Nuestra Señora de la Peña Chapel. Find out about the history of this sanctuary and its importance for the inhabitants of the island. It houses the beautiful statue of Santa María. Your guide will also point out the various films that were set in this part of Fuerteventura, for example, parts of "Exodus: Gods and Kings” was filmed in Vega del Río Palmas.
Next, make your way to Playa de El Jurado. This wild beach is famous for its surprising rock formation in the shape of an arch. The inhabitants of Fuerteventura believed it to be a “judging door” charged with mysticism.
After discovering the legends of this rock, you will head to the small fishing village of Ajuy. Here, you will enjoy some tapas of fried peppers, fish "croquetas", grilled tuna, salad and papas arrugadas with mojo picón and bread.
With a full belly, you will be driven back to your hotel by bus.
- We recommend you wear comfortable clothing for the hike, including closed toe shoes.
- We also advise you to wear a hat, sun glasses and sunscreen.
- Children under 9 years old may not participate in this activity.
Schedule and pick-up locations
- 9:00 am: Morro Jable, Esquinzo and Jandía.
- 9:30 am: Costa Calma.
- 9:50 am: Tarajalejo.
This excursion does NOT include hotel pick-up service from Corralejo, Puerto del Rosario, Castillo Caleta de Fuste, and other areas in the north and east of Fuerteventura.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 9-12 years old||Children under 9|
Children 9-12 years oldUS$ 69.30
Children under 9not permitted
5 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 5 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.