Discover the origins of the famous Cabrales cheese with this tour. You'll visit a traditional factory, a cheese cave and you'll taste this delicious Asturian product.
Cabrales Cheese Tour
At 9 am we'll pick you up from your hotel in Gijón. There, we'll take a minibus up to the council of Cabrales, the place where the famous cheese originated. The journey will take approximately an hour and a half.
Once there, we'll stop at the Pozo de la Oración viewpoint to admire the beautiful landscapes of the Picos de Europa and the impressive Naranjo de Bulnes, known by the locals as the Picu Urriellu. Get your cameras ready!
We'll then pass through Arenas de Cabrales before stopping at the villages of Tielve and Sotres. There, we'll have the opportunity to visit a cheese factory and learn first-hand about the entire production process of this cheese with a Protected Designation of Origin. We'll even visit a cheese cave where the cheese is left to mature!
But that's not all, we'll put the finishing touch to the Cabrales cheese tour with a tasting of this delicious product.
Finally, we'll return to your hotel in Gijón, where we'll arrive at 5 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children aged between 5 and 11 years old||Children under 5|
Children aged between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 45.10
Children under 5not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 3 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, this activity requires visitors to be in good physical shape.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.