This hike, known as the Gollizno Route Trail will allow you to discover an incredible natural landscape packed full of history.
At the scheduled time we'll meet at the meeting point of your choice. There we'll get into a minibus and drive for about 20 minutes until we reach our destination.
This is one of the most beautiful tours we can do near Granada. We will enter the "Tajos de la Hoz", a natural gorge excavated by the constant flow of the waters that, together with the exuberant riverine vegetation, will give the hiker a pleasant sensation. We cross the Velillos River and through its recently restored suspension bridge and footbridge.
In addition to all the natural beauty, we'll have a view of an incomparable historical heritage, the Moclin Castle that in its time had great importance in that area due to its strategic positioning, making it one of the best defensive structures of the Nasrid period together with the Watch Towers, which were strategically spread along the highest points of the mountains around the Castle.
By now we'll have arrived at the Fonte de la Corcuela where we can rest for a while and continue to see the Neolithic cave paintings.
Finally, we'll get into the vehicle again and take you back to the starting point in Granada. The time of the tour is approximately 3 hours.
When booking the activity, you can select either of these two meeting points:
- Albaicín neighbourhood, in Plaza de Aliatar at 9 am.
- Calle Profesor Sainz Cantero 13, in the plaza del profesor Fontboté at 9:30 am.
- You must be at least 10 years old to take part in this activity.
- The Gollizno hike is easy and only requires a moderate level of fitness.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Per Person||Children under 10|
Per PersonUS$ 42.80
Children under 10not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
English speaking guide.
Transport by minibus.
Third party insurance.
Photographs of the trek.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.