Guimares Castle, Praça de São Tiago square, and the Palace of the Dukes of Braganza are some of the iconic monuments in the historic city of Guimaraes. Discover them for yourself when you take our fantastic panoramic sightseeing bus tour around the 'cradle of Portugal'.
What to expect
The 60-minute sightseeing bus of Guimaraes takes you to the essential landmarks around the city where Portugal was founded in the 12th Century. Thanks to the English language audioguide, you will also hear about the history and secrets of historic locations such as Guimaraes Castle, the Palace of the Dukes of Braganza, and the medieval Praça de São Tiago square, as you pass them.
You can check the complete bus route, and all the designated stops, by clicking on this link.
How it works
Your ticket is valid for 24 hours from the moment it is used for the first time. for example, if it is activated on Monday at 11 am, it will be valid until Tuesday at 11 am.
During this time you can hop on and off the bus as many times as you want. This means you can disembark the vehicle to visit a monument, and later climb on board another bus and continue your journey.
Timetable and frequency
- From 15 April to 28 April: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Saturday, and Sunday from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. The buses depart every 60 minutes.
- From 4 June to 30 September: Every day from 9:30 am to 12:30 am and from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. The buses depart every 60 minutes.
Besides unlimited access to the Guimaraes tourist bus for 24 hours, purchasing this activity also gives you various advantages and discounts:
- Free access to all the municipal museums in Guimaraes.
- Discounted entry on selected monuments, museums, and leisure facilities.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 10 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|Guimaraes Bus Tour||
Guimaraes Bus Tour
Children from 4 to 10 years oldUS$ 7.10
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour is carried out with an audio guide in English.
Unlimited use of the sightseeing bus for 24 hours.
English language audio guide.
Free access to the municipal museums of Guimaraes.
Discounts on selected museums, monuments and leisure activities in Guimaraes.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).