Stories of geishas and samurai, magical gardens, gold leaf craftsmanship... Discover Kanazawa on this walking tour of its most iconic districts.
Kanazawa Walking Tour
We'll meet at 1 pm by the Tsuzumi Gate of Kanazawa Station and hop on board a public bus to the Nagamachi Samurai district.
When we arrive, we'll visit the restored former residence of the Nomura-ke samurai family so you can see how they lived. We'll learn all about their origins as we explore the streets of this district. You'll feel like you've travelled back in time!
Then, we'll visit Kanazawa Castle and discover its beautiful surroundings. Did you know that the origin of this building dates back to the 16th century? A fire, a military base, a university campus... learn all about the castle's fascinating history!
Next we'll visit Kenrokuen, listed as one of the most beautiful gardens in Japan. Tranquillity, trickling streams, beautiful bridges and incredible panoramic views await us.
Afterwards we'll head to Higashi-chaya, the geisha district of Kanazawa. We'll learn all about these legendary Japanese female characters as we walk through charming streets, admiring wooden houses and tea rooms. We'll also discover the local handicrafts and taste some gold leaf ice cream!
We'll end the tour by returning to the starting point at 5:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 20% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 15 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 15 years oldUS$ 56
Children under 4 years oldFree
4 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Entry fees to monuments.
Gold leaf ice cream.
Bus fare: ¥ 500 (US$ 4.70) per person.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (1:00 pm local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).