Discover the ancient secrets of matcha green tea with this fantastic tour of Uji, one of Kyoto's most historic areas. Along the way, you will also enjoy a traditional Japanese lunch!
Matcha Tea Tour of Uji
We will meet at 11 am in front of Uji Railway Station, where we will begin a fantastic walking tour of one of the most beautiful areas in the Kyoto Prefecture.
The first stop will be in front of the beautiful Byōdō-in temple, which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We will admire this majestic medieval building from the outside as we stroll through the Japanese-style gardens. You will learn some fascinating facts along the way, such as how this famous temple appears on 10-yen coins and 10,000-yen notes.
We will continue the tour, visiting some of the most famous tea shops in Uji. This Japanese district is considered the epicenter of matcha green tea. In the different establishments we visit, the staff will show us the different varieties of this ancient infusion which is a symbol of Japanese culture!
After visiting several tea shops in downtown Uji, we will go to a local restaurant to enjoy a traditional Japanese lunch which includes various gastronomic specialties of the country. Of course, we couldn't finish the meal without some tasty matcha tea.
Feeling reenergized, we will continue the tour visiting other traditional establishments in Uji. In one of them, we will try a delicious matcha green tea ice cream. Finally, at 2 pm, our brilliant tour ends in the center of Uji.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 3 to 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children from 3 to 12 years oldUS$ 87.50
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Tasting of matcha green tea.
Matcha tea ice cream.
Additional food and drink.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.