Watching a Maiko show is one of the unmissable experiences for any trip to Kyoto. Immerse yourself in the culture of Japan and discover the way of life of the apprentices of a geisha.
Traditional Maiko Show
A traditional Maiko show is one of the best experiences to discover the secrets of Japanese culture. With this experience, you'll enjoy an intimate show in which the apprentice geisha will dance and play instruments dressed in colourful traditional kimonos.
The Maiko undergo long and hard training from the age of 15 until they reach their twenties when they master the ritual of tea, music, dance and elegance that this ancient profession demands. Once they have passed all the rituals associated with their status as Maiko, they are considered geisha.
After the show, you'll have the opportunity to chat with them to ask questions and curiosities, take photos and learn about their lifestyle and daily routine. You'll discover why this profession is considered an art form!
In addition, you'll enjoy a delicious traditional Japanese lunch, a complete experience!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 3 to 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children from 3 to 12 years oldUS$ 82.80
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with an escort that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Traditional Maiko show.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
You must print the voucher and show it to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
350 Gionmachi Kitagawa.