Get to know the traditions of the Canary Islands at Los Telares Ethnographic Park of La Gomera. The tour also includes a tasting of local Gomeran cuisine!
La Gomera Tour
Your tour will start with a visit to PEG (Ethnographic Park of La Gomera) Los Telares. The museum, which explores the lives and customs of the island's inhabitants, also features a golfio mill, golfio being one of the basic staples of Canarian gastronomy.
During your tour, as well as looking at a diverse range of Gomeran antiques, you'll learn how the island's handicrafts were created using different ancient looms. Products made using this ancestral technique continue to bring added value to the local economy.
The museum also boasts an eco-farm and a botanical garden, whose wide variety of species allows us more in-depth learning of the amazing biodiversity of the Canarian archipelago.
As the finishing touch of this guided tour of the PEG, you'll be able to try samples of local island gastronomy. The tasting includes the following typical Gomeran produce: almonds with mojo sauce or gofio, assorted jams, palm honey, red and green mojo, almogrote (spicy cheese pâté), Gomeran cheese, seasonal fruit grown in the museum gardens, and local white wine.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Per personUS$ 14.50
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Local English speaking guide.
Entrance to Ethnographic Park of La Gomera Los Telares.
Tasting of Gomeran produce.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Ethnographic Park of La Gomera (PEG) Los Telares.