Temples, pyramids, parks and viewpoints... Discover the delights of Nara on this guided walking tour through its historic centre, which also includes lunch!
Nara Walking Tour
We'll meet at 10 am next to the Gyoki Bosatsu Statue to set off on our guided tour of Nara.
On our tour, we'll explore Nara's historic centre and discover one of its most fascinating monuments, a Buddhist pyramid that has similarities to the Mayan temples! We'll also visit the house of a local merchant to get an insight into Japanese culture!
Then we'll enjoy extraordinary panoramic views of the city from the viewpoints on its hills as well as visit Nara Park to meet its famous inhabitants: the deer, considered sacred divine messengers in Japan!
We'll also get in touch with the spiritual side of Japan at the Kasuga Taisha Shrine as well as the Todaiji Temple, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites!
Lastly, we'll indulge in a traditional three-course Japanese meal and a drink.
Our guided tour will end back at the meeting point at 2 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 20% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 10 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 10 years oldUS$ 61
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entry fee to the Todaiji Temple.
Entry fee to the Kasuga Taisha Shrine.
Food for the deer.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Gyoki Bosatsu Statue.