Enjoy the wonderful architectural heritage of Velez-Malaga, capital of Axarquia, on this trip in which you will also taste the famous tropical fruit of the region.
Velez-Malaga Day Trip Itinerary
After collecting you from your hotel in Nerja, we will head east following the road that runs parallel to the Costa del Sol.
Our first stop will be at a beautiful mango and avocado farm with staggering views across the Mediterranean Sea. While we enjoy the refreshing taste of the products, we will learn some fascinating facts about the horticultural tradition of the province. We then continue towards Velez-Malaga, capital of the Axarquia comarca.
During a pleasant guided walk through the historic center of Velez-Malaga, we will learn about its extensive past, and see vestiges of the Phoenicians, the Romans, and the Arabs. The citadel of Velez-Malaga dates from the era of al-Andalus and was an important bastion of the ancient Nasrid Kingdom of Granada.
We will also tour the surroundings of the Plaza de la Constitution square, where we will admire the grand belfry of the Gothic-Mudejar church of San Juan Bautista. After the guided walk through the town, we will then go to a nearby tropical fruit cooperative where we will explore the site and try its delicious products.
The last stop on our trip will be at a local restaurant, where you will enjoy a traditional lunch. The menu will include a variety of locally cultivated fruit. A delicious feast that will make your mouth water!
After eating, we will finally start our return to the hotels in Nerja.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old.|
Children under 3 years old.Free
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in airconditioned vehicle.
English speaking guide.
Visit and tasting in a Mango and Avocado.
Guided walk around Velez Malaga.
Visit to a tropical fruit cooperative with a tasting of products.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Nerja).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).