Wondering where to eat in Otaru? Discover the taste of Japan on this walking tour around the best food markets and restaurants in the city.
Otaru Food Tour
We'll meet at 10 am outside Otaru Central Station, ready to set off on our food tour.
Our first stop will be the Sankaku Market, famous for its range of fresh seafood. Do you know why fish is so precious in Japan? Find out on the tour!
Then we'll walk to the Otaru Canal, where we'll admire the city's picturesque scenery. Afterwards, we'll stop in a brewery for a refreshing drink before heading to a restaurant to enjoy a delicious lunch of seafood.
After lunch, we'll head down Sakaimachi Street, where we'll marvel at the western-style buildings that belonged to the shipping companies that arrived at the docks of this port city. Today, these buildings are home to many bars and restaurants which you can explore on your own.
The tour will end back at the starting point at 2 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 20% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 15 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 15 years oldUS$ 56
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Otaru Central Station.