Spend the day exploring the beautiful region of Navarra in northern Spain when you take our fantastic trip to some of its most iconic locations. We will travel back to the middle ages when we visit the Monastery of the Olive and the fairytale towns of Ujue and Olite.
Olite, Ujue, and Monastery of the Olive Trip
After collecting you from your accommodation in Pamplona, we will travel back in time to medieval Navarra. Our first stop is the Monastery of the Olive where will explore the vineyards and crop fields.
The Monastery of the Olive is one of the most famous religious monuments of the medieval Kingdom of Navarra. Inside you will find out all about the Cistercian order which still worships here. You will see the gothic cloister and hear all about the 12th Century abbey. You will meet the monks who live here, and you will wander through the corridors of the magnificent library.
We hit the road again and head to Ujue, a medieval fortified city. We will make our way through the picturesque cobbled streets up to Santa María de Ujué church which sits a the top of the hill. From there, you will have spectacular panoramic views across the Pyrenees to the north, and the Bardenas Reales desert region to the south. Ujué is known as 'one of the most beautiful towns' in Spain and you will realize why when you visit it.
Our day continues at Olite, where we visit a splendid 15th Century gothic castle. Here, you will find out the story behind why it was built. We will also visit the beautiful churches of Santa Maria and San Pedro. You will also discover that Olite is the headquarters of the Navarra Designation of Origen for wines. You will find out why when we visit some of the wineries and taste the delicious drink.
Finally, we return to Pamplona where the trip finishes.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 3 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 66.10
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off in Pamplona.
Entry to the Royal Palace of Olite.
Entry to the Monastery of the Olive.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Pamplona).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - this activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).