Discover one of the most imposing basilicas in the whole of the Iberian Peninsula with this Viana do Castelo & Ponte de Lima Day Trip. You'll also enjoy a delicious wine tasting.
Viana do Castelo & Ponte de Lima Day Trip
At 9 am, we'll pick you up at the point in Oporto of your choice and head to Viana do Castelo, an hour away by minibus.
Once there, we'll pass through the town centre, seeing the famous tiles that characterise the country at every step. We'll also see the Gil Eanes ship, which served for years as a hospital ship for cod fishermen in northern Europe.
The tour will continue to Mount Santa Luzia, where the sanctuary of the same name awaits us. As we enter the Basilica of Santa Lucia, you'll see the second largest rose windows in all of Europe. After two and a half hours admiring the treasures of Viana do Castelo, we'll set off for our next stop.
As soon as we arrive in Ponte de Lima, we'll enjoy a delicious meal in a local restaurant. Next, we'll take a guided tour of the historic centre, to see the Ponte Romana, the Torre da Cadeia Velha and the Igreja Matriz, among other surprises.
Before returning to Porto, we'll stop at Arcos de Valdevez, where we'll sample the product par excellence of the area, the famous green wine. Let's enjoy!
The tour will end arriving at the starting point at 6 pm.
This tour includes pick-up at the hotel, San Benito Station or Porto-Campanhã Station.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 73.60
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off (optional).
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entrance ticket to the Santa Luzia Cathedral.
Lunch and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).