Discover San Sebastián's best-kept secret with this Traditional Cider House Tour. You'll have the opportunity to learn all about this classic Spanish sidra and enjoy a tasting session.
Traditional Cider House Tour
At the time you choose, we'll meet in Bengoetxea street in San Sebastian and travel just 20 minutes by minibus to enjoy a visit to a traditional cider house.
When we arrive at our destination, we'll tour the facilities of the Basque cider house. We'll see the apple orchards, the cellars, the production process and the history that links cider with the Basque Country. Did you know that Basque cider is kept at a lower temperature than Asturian cider?
After the tour, we'll carry out the Txotx ritual, which consists of drinking the apple broth directly from the vats. While enjoying this traditional tasting, we'll sample a menu consisting of codfish Spanish omelette, fried codfish, steak and quince cheese.
The tour will end going back to at the starting point in San Sebastián.
Depending on the season and availability, we'll visit the Aburuza, Astarbe, Petritegi, Iparragirre or Saizar cider houses.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 17 years old||Children under 5 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 5 and 17 years oldUS$ 34.20
Children under 5 years oldFree
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Cider house guided tour.
Tasting with a pintxo.
Lunch or dinner.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in San Sebastián).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Calle Bengoetxea, 2.