Lakes and volcanic craters combine at Sete Cidades and Lagoa do Fogo; two of the most magnificent natural areas in Sao Miguel. Come and discover their beauty!
Sete Cidades and Lagoa do Fogo
We'll leave from Ponta Delgada and head inland, where we'll discover one of the island's most sublime sites: the Lagoa do Fogo lagoon. One of the natural treasures of the Azores islands, known by geologists as a crater lake. While we discover all about how this type of volcanic geography is formed, we'll be able to admire the breathtaking views of the lagoon and its natural surroundings. This site is so picturesque that the local authorities want to maintain its beauty and prohibit the construction of buildings for a radius of several kilometres.
After being taken away by the Lagoa do Fogo from several of its viewpoints, we'll continue our route towards the northwest of the island. Here we can see another of San Miguel's outstanding natural treasures: the Sete Cidades lagoon and crater. Did you know that its name means seven cities?
The Lagoa das Sete Cidades lagoon is divided into two halves, the Blue Lagoon and the Green Lagoon. We'll cross over the bridge which connects one half to the other so that we can really appreciate the contrasting colours on both sides of this natural masterpiece.
We'll take a rest along the way to replenish our energy with a buffet lunch at a local restaurant. This is the perfect chance to experience the island's delicious cuisine! Once we've had lunch we'll follow the road along the southwestern coastline to return back to Punta Delgada.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 7 and 12 years||Children under 7|
Children between 7 and 12 yearsUS$ 41
Children under 7Free
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
English speaking specialised guide.
Transport in an air conditioned vehicle.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Avenida João Bosco Mota Amaral s/n.