Enjoy a day immersed in nature with this hiking route in the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park with an English speaking guide - and discover why for many years this area was known as 'the end of the world'.
Hiking in the Sintra Natural Park
The tour meets at the Sintra train station at 9 am, where we'll take a minibus heading towards the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park. Here we'll dive into a natural park known its beautiful landscapes and abundant greenery.
Declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1995, this little corner of Portugal was the first place in all of Europe to be considered as such. And the vegetation is so dense that it has regularly been compared with the enchanted forests of children's stories - if you look closely you can almost see the fairies.
We'll take a five-kilometre route lasting two hours, making stops to explain the stunning landscape surrounding us: a perfect combination of oaks, maples and eucalyptus trees found in an area known for its steep, high cliffs.
Having walked a little, we'll make a stop at the Cresmina Dunes - found on the edge of the natural park, and whose unique formations have also led to them being protected by UNESCO, and the Cabo Raso lighthouse, which has been in operation since the end of the 19th century. And in our comfortable minibus, we'll tour the coastal road on the way to Guincho beach, a popular surf spot.
The excursion then ends at the Sintra train station, at around 1 pm, with a day of charm and peace behind us.
What do I need?
We recommend that you wear comfortable clothing and footwear suitable for hiking. Don't forget to bring a sun hat in summer, and warm clothing if you're taking the tour in winter.
We also recommend that you bring a drink and food to eat on the way.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 66% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Per PersonUS$ 44.90
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Pick up and drop off at the Sintra train station.
Water during the bus journey.
English speaking guide throughout the day.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Sintra train station