Live a unique experience by climbing up to the top of Mount Teide, the highest peak in Spain, on the Teide cable car. The views of the volcanic landscape from the summit are breathtaking!
Teide Cable Car
The Mount Teide cable car leads visitors from the base of the volcano to La Rambleta station, situated at 3,555 meters above sea level. The full journey takes approximately 10 minutes and the cabin fits up to 44 passengers.
La Rambleta lookout point offers incredible panoramic views of the Teide National Park and its surroundings. On clear days, you can even see the other islands of the Canarian archipelago. It is also possible to hike right up to the summit of Mount Teide from La Rambleta.
- Although it does not happen very often, sometimes visitors can get altitude sickness due to the low levels of oxygen at the top of Mount Teide. If it happens, move slowly until you get used to the height.
Special license to climb to the summit
Once you get to La Rambleta, you can walk up a trail to the summit. This option is not obligatory, but if you are interested, you must first apply for a special license here.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 13 years old||Menores de 3 años|
Children between 3 and 13 years oldUS$ 16.40
under 3not admitted
* The price varies based on the chosen date
Return Teide cable car tickets.
Transfer service to the meeting point.
License to climb the Teide Peak.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 4 days before the activity as long as there are still places.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is it possible to climb Mount Teide or is a special permission required?
A - The cable car takes you close to the top, but to get to the peak you need to contract a guide and solicit a special permission, with very limited places, via the network of national parks.
Q - Should pregnant women take part?
A - This tour is not recommended for pregnant women.
Q - Can people with cardiovascular problems get on the cable car?
A - No, access is not allowed to people with cardiovascular problems or pacemakers for preventive reasons.
Q - How many kilometres are there from the cable car platform to the top?
A - The path from the cable car to the top is 650 metres long.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Base Station of the Teide Cable (kilometer 40 of highway TF-21)