The beautiful towns of Masca, Garachico and Icod de los Vinos will leave a long-lasting impression on this day trip which will also give you the chance to see the Teide National Park. Unmissable!
Day Trip to Teide, Icod & Garachico
From Puerto de la Cruz, we’ll head to the incredible Teide National Park, named as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2007.
You’ll explore this volcanic landscape and discover the surprising rock formations created by the lava oozing out of the Teide volcano. At over 12,000 feet tall (3718 metres) this is the highest summit in Spain.
Next, we’ll travel through the town of Santiago del Teide in the direction of Masca. In this town, surrounded by rugged mountain scenery, you’ll discover some stories related to pirates who, according to certain legends, hid great amounts of treasures in these lands. Next, we’ll head to Garachico, characterised by its volcanic natural pools and typical Canary architecture.
You’ll have approximately an hour of free time to have lunch (not included) and then we’ll head to the nearby town of Icod de los Vinos, where you’ll see the age-old dragon tree. This tree has become a symbol of the island, but do you know it’s history?
From Icod de los Vinos, we’ll return to Puerto de la Cruz.
Day Trip to Teide
If you have less time and only want to visit the Teide National Park, you can book this trip from north Tenerife.
This day trip leaves from Puerto de la Cruz. If you are staying in Candelaria, Las Caletillas, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, San Cristóbal de La Laguna, La Orotava or other tourist areas in the north of Tenerife, you should make your own way to Puerto de la Cruz so we can pick you up from a more central location. You’ll be picked up between 7:30 and 8:30 am. When you make your booking you’ll have to select where you’d like to be picked up from. After booking, you’ll receive an email with the exact pick up location and time. If you do not receive this, or would like more information, do not hesitate to contact us.
If, on the other hand, you are staying in El Médano, Callao-El Paraíso, Ten Bel, Los Gigantes, Golf del Sur, La Caleta, Las Américas, Los Cristianos, Chayofa or any other tourist area in south Tenerife, you can book this tour, which is very similar but leaves from the south of the island.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 11 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children between 2 and 11 years oldUS$ 22.30
Children under 2 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off (only for accommodation in Puerto de la Cruz).
Transport in an air conditioned bus.
English speaking expert guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).