Discover the essential tastes of Cuba on this guided tour from Varadero: visit a sugar cane plantation and taste Cuban rum and tobacco!
Sugar, Rum & Tobacco Tour
Having picked you up from your hotel in Varadero at 9 am, we'll embark on our guided tour, introducing you to the history of the sugar industry in Cuba.
Our first stop will be at a museum dedicated to sugar cane, where we'll discover its impressive collection of locomotives that have been used in the area's sugar production industry. Throughout our tour of the museum, we'll learn about how the sugar cane is grown and processed to make the final product. Afterwards, we'll get to taste guarapo, a refreshing sweet drink made from sugar cane, as well as learning how to prepare one of the most famous cocktails on the island.
After visiting the sugar cane museum, we'll make our way to the town of Cardenas. We'll explore its charming streets and admire its colonial architecture, following in the footsteps of the Arechabala family, creators of the famous Havana Club rum.
Next, we'll enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride around Cardenas to get a new perspective on the town's colourful houses, before stopping for lunch at a local restaurant. A delicious main course, drink and dessert will give us a taste of Cuban cuisine.
With renewed energy, we'll continue on our tour of Cuba's most emblematic products enjoying a tasting of local rum and tobacco and learning about their important role in Cuban culture.
At the end of the tour, you'll be dropped back off at your hotel in Varadero for 4 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 10 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children between 5 and 10 years oldUS$ 66.50
Children under 5 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Visit to sugar factory and sugar cane plantation.
Rum and Cuban cigar tasting.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).