Breathe in the pure air of the Sierra Nevada mountains and lose yourself in the enchanting tranquility of Guadix, a town famous for its cave houses, on this day trip from Aguadulce.
Sierra Nevada & Guadix Day Trip
After being picked up from your hotel in Aguadulce, you'll head north towards the province of Granada.
Driving through the natural landscapes of the Alpujarras, the sierra that stretches from Almería to Granada, you'll be captivated by the rugged beauty of the mountains. What's more, from their location at over 6,500 feet (2000 metres) above sea level, you'll enjoy unparalleled views of the majestic Sierra Nevada National Park. You'll soon see why its snow-capped mountains were so admired by the historic Nasrid dynasty, who gave the mountain range's highest peak its name: Mulhacén.
Continue your day trip with a panoramic tour of the white towns of the Alpujarras, before having approximately an hour of free time to eat lunch (not included).
You'll then make your way to Guadix, a traditional Andalusian whitewashed town that is characterised by its cave houses, historic homes that have been built into the dramatic rock faces of the mountainous landscapes.
On your route back to Almería, you'll make one final stop in a local artisan ceramics centre, where you'll have the opportunity to learn about how these typical products are handmade. You'll then return to Aguadulce, where you'll be dropped off at around 6 pm.
Hotel pick up
This excursion includes a pick up service from the following hotels in Aguadulce:
Camping Roquetas, Hotel Playa Dulce, Hotel Portomagno and Aparthotel Aguadulce.
The guide will pick you up at around 9:20 am. When making your reservation, you'll be asked to select which accommodation you'd prefer to be picked up from.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 33.80
Children under 3 years oldUS$ 11.30
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).