Discover the incredible natural beauty of the Sierra Nevada and explore the historic town of Guadix on this day trip from Roquetas de Mar.
Sierra Nevada & Guadix Day Trip
After being picked up from your hotel at the scheduled time, you'll leave Roquetas de Mar behind and head northeast towards the Sierra Nevada mountain range.
Visit the Sierra Nevada National Park, home to the tallest mountain in the Iberian Peninsula, and enjoy panoramic views of the dramatic peaks while learning about the different plants that are native to the region. If you're lucky, you might even spot some of the local wildlife: keep your eyes peeled for mountain goats, badgers and wild cats! You'll also get to admire the whitewashed towns of the Alpujarras contrasting against the impressive landscapes.
Discover one of the region's typical handicrafts, visiting a local pottery workshop, where you'll learn all about how these ceramics have been made for thousands of years.
You'll then head to Guadix, where you'll have the opportunity to visit the cave-houses for which the town is famous. Built into the rocky cliffs of the area, some of these historic homes are still lived in today!
At the end of your guided tour of the Sierra Nevada and Guadix, you'll return to your hotel in Roquetas de Mar.
Hotel pick up
This excursion includes a pick up service from the following hotels in Roquetas de Mar at the indicated times:
- 8:45 am: Hotel Neptuno, Hotel Fenix Family, Hotel Arena Center, Apartamentos Golf Center (pick up from Hotel Fenix Family), Apartamentos Pierre Vacances, Apartamentos Aguaserena, Apartamentos Villa Romana and Apartamentos Marina Serena Golf.
- 8:50 am: Hotel Best Roquetas, Hotel Protur, Hotel Bahia Serena, Hotel Roc Golf Trinidad, Hotel Playa Capricho, Hotel Playa Sol, Hotel Playa Linda and Apartamentos Moguima.
- 8:55 am: Hotel Best Roquetas and Apartamentos La Minería.
- 9:00 am: Hotel Mediterráneo Bay, Hotel Zoraida Park, Hotel Zoraida Garden, Apartamentos Estrella de Mar and Apartamentos Maracay.
- 9:10 am: Hotel Don Angel, Hotel Colonial Mar and Apartamentos Vivaldi.
When making your reservation, you'll be asked to select which accommodation you'd prefer to be picked up from.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 32.50
Children under 3 years oldUS$ 10.90
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).