Explore the historic center of Alcala de Henares on board the fantastic tourist train. This is the most entertaining way to discover one of Spain's beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Routes and stops
The Alcalá de Henares tourist train takes you on a 60-minute tour through the city's old town. Along the route, there are three stops:
- Plaza de Cervantes square: one of the most picturesque locations in the town, featuring a statue of the famous author of 'El Quixote', Miguel de Cervantes.
- Plaza de los Santos Niños square: located next to the roman catholic Cathedral.
- Complutum: archeological site of ancient Roman remains.
You can see the route of the tour on the following map:
Onboard the train you will have access to audio commentary of fascinating facts and information about the locations you pass on the itinerary.
How does the ticket work?
This is a one-day ticket, which is activated when you board the train for the first time. From that moment on, you can hop on and off at any of the stops, as many times as you want, until the last service of that day.
Operating times and frequency
The Alcalá de Henares tourist train departs daily from the Plaza de Cervantes square, at the following times:
- Winter (from October to April): at 10 am, 11 am, 12 pm, 1 pm, 4 pm, and 5 pm.
- Summer (from May to September): at 10 am, 11 am, 12 pm, 1 pm, 4 pm, 5 pm, 6 pm, and 7 pm.
|Adults||Children from 5 to 9 years old||Children under 5 years old|
|24 Hour ticket||
24 Hour ticket
Children from 5 to 9 years oldUS$ 6.7
Children under 5 years oldFree
The tour is carried out with an audio guide in English.
Ticket for the tourist train of Alcala de Henares.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Alcalá de Henares).
You will receive an email with your ticket attached which you must print out and show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Plaza de Cervantes square