If you love strong cheeses and want to discover the process of making one of the most famous in Spain, you can't miss this tour of Picos de Europa and of Cabrales cheese from Avilés.
Cabrales Cheese Tour
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Avilés at 8:30 am and set off for the Picos de Europa, one of the most beautiful National Parks in Spain.
The first stop will be the viewpoint of the Pozo de la Oración, an excellent observation point located in the council of Cabrales. From here, we'll admire the immensity of the landscape and talk about the species of animals and vegetation that thrive in this area of Asturias. If the skies are clear, we'll see the Naranjo de Bulnes, one of the symbols of the Picos de Europa.
In the heart of the Picos de Europa National Park, we'll also discover the lifestyle of the shepherds who are dedicated to keeping tradition alive. To do this we'll visit the villages of Arenas de Cabrales, Tielve and Sotres. In addition, we'll also visit a traditional cheese factory and a cave of natural maturing. Afterwards, we'll have the opportunity to taste the product.
Finally, we'll return to your hotel in Avilés, where we'll arrive at 4:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11 years old||Children under 5|
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 45.10
Children under 5not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Cabrales cheese tasting.
When to book?
You can book up until 3 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.