Immerse yourself in the essence of Catalan culture when you take this fantastic tour of Penedès. You will taste its delicious gastronomy and witness the famous Castellers.
Penedes Catalan Cultural Tour
At 5 pm, we will meet in Barcelona, near Plaça de Catalunya square, where we board the minibus which will take us into the interior of the peninsula to the town of Vilafranca del Penedès, known as the capital Catalonian wine.
After getting off the bus, we will immediately take a guided tour of the historic center of Vilafranca del Penedès. We will stroll through its narrow streets, admiring its historic buildings, until we reach the church of Santa María. There, we will climb to the top of the bell tower to admire the views and enjoy a wonderful glass of the famous regional wine.
Vilafranca del Penedès is a tow with a grand tradition that you will discover for yourself when we visit a Castellers' rehearsal room. You will learn all about this ancient art form that has been passed down from generation to generation. Castells are among the most recognizable symbols of Catalan culture and you will see one of these famous human towers in action.
After this visit, we will enjoy a delicious dinner based on traditional products of the area, such as mussels, sausages, mushroom risotto, cod, among many others.
With our stomachs full, we will then witness one of the Castellers' rehearsals before returning to Barcelona. We will be back at the original departure point around midnight.
During dinner, you will have a choice of dishes from the following menu:
- First course (to share): salad, mussels, sausages, bread with tomato, and mushroom risotto.
- Second course (to share): Catalan cod, beef carpaccio with “Shoyu” wine, pork fillet with black wine sauce, and integral rice with seasonal vegetables.
- Desserts (to share): bread with chocolate, oil, and salt, and crema Catalana.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 10 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 105.70
The tour is exclusively in English.
Transport in minibus.
English speaking guide.
Glass of wine.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (5:00 pm local time) if there are still places available.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
5 Calle Balmes