Explore the Penedès wine region during an 8-hour day trip from Barcelona and visit three of Catalonia’s most renowned wineries, where you’ll learn how the wine and cava (Spanish sparkling wine) is produced and enjoy 3 wine tastings.
In the morning, depart from Barcelona’s city center on a spacious air-conditioned coach and head to the historic region of Penedès. This region is known for its wineries, recognized and guaranteed by the Spanish regulatory classification system called ‘Denominación de Origen’.
On this day trip, you’ll explore Bodegas Jean Leon followed by a complimentary wine tasting (2 wines), then head to Bodegas Torres, where you’ll enjoy a wine and cheese tasting (3 wines and 3 cheeses). Finally, visit Cavas Freixenet and delight in a cava tasting (2 types of cava) accompanied by aperitifs.
Catalonia: famous for its wine
With over 2.000 years of history, Catalonia is Spain’s first wine producer and has been awarded 11 ‘Denominaciones de Origen’. This autonomous community manufactures 380 million bottles annually – of which about half is cava, Spain’s typical sparkling wine.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 7 years old|
Children under 7 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Return transportation by air conditioned coach.
English speaking host.
Jean Leon winery guided tour and 2 wine tastings.
Guided tour of Torres winery and 3 wine and 3 cheese tasting.
Guided tour of Caves Freixenet and 2 sparkling wine tasting (cava).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (5:00 pm local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Carrer de Balmes, 5.