Discover the legacy of the first Swiss to settle in Patagonia when you take this fantastic trip to Colonia Suiza. Along the way, you will also discover the extraordinary Los Duendes Waterfall.
Colonia Suiza and Los Duendes Waterfall Trip
At 9 am, we will pick you up from your hotel in Bariloche and then set off on our fantastic trip to Colonia Suiza. Along the way, we will pass through the Nahuel Huapi National Park and the beautiful Lake Gutierrez.
Once there, we will take a brief hike along one of the tracks to discover the dense vegetation and lush Patagonian forest. You will gradually hear the sound of gushing water getting louder until eventually, you find yourself in front of Los Duendes Waterfall. You will hear all the fascinating myths and legends which surround this idyllic location.
Then we will go to the grotto of the Virgen of the Snow. There, we climb a staircase and enter the cave where a shrine devoted to this sacred figure has been located since 1945.
From here, we then head to the picturesque little village of Colonia Suiza, which was founded at the end of the 19th-century by immigrants from the Canton of Valais in Switzerland. Here, in what was the first swiss settlement in Patagonia, you will have your free time to explore the fantastic handicraft fair.
We will also have the opportunity to go to Goblin Village, to the Magic Forest, or to see a demonstration of Curanto food.
Our brilliant adventure finishes back at your hotel in Bariloche at 2 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 10% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 3 people|
|Private tour in English||
Private tour in English
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 123.40
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in minibus.
English speaking guide.
Private, exclusive tour just for you and your companions.
Entry to Goblin Village (200 ARS (US$ 2.70)).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).