Discover the Médoc wine region on this self-drive vineyard tour. You'll explore villages, wineries and incredible scenery as you explore at your own leisure.
Self-Drive Vineyard Tour
On this tour in the Médoc wine region, you'll drive a convertible buggy with a GPS audio-guide which will tell you interesting facts about the castles and vineyards you go past. This is a different way to discover this region of Bordeaux, known world-over for its incredible red wines, including the famous Château Latour and Château Margaux. There are three different routes you can choose from, as explained below.
This is the shortest option, which is perfect if you're more pushed for time. For two and a half hours, you'll drive along the paths and tracks that surround the Gironda estuary, enjoying breathtaking views of the most prestigious vineyards in France. You'll take what's known as the Castles Route, discovering estates, palaces and wineries that explain the importance of wine in this region.
On this four and a half hour route, you'll explore the surroundings of the Gironda estuary and take the Médoc Castles Route. You'll also see vineyards and will visit world-renowned wine-making châteaux; you'll even get to experience a wine tasting in one of them!
With this nine-hour tour, you'll see the Gironda river and its beautiful castles in all their glory. You'll make your first stop at Château Lascombes, where you'll enjoy a wonderful wine tasting. And afterwards, you'll have time to grab a bite to eat (not included) in a local café or restaurant on the riverbanks.
You'll also visit vineyards in the Margaux AOC region, and of course, a visit here wouldn't be complete without a wine tasting. For this, you'll head to Château Lamothe Bergeron, Haut-Breton Larigaudière or Siran, depending on their availability.
- You must be over the age of 21 years and have a valid EU driving license (or international equivalent) to be able to take part in this activity. You must have held your license for at least 1 year, and know how to drive a manual car.
- You must show valid student identification in order to take advantage of the student rate.
- Although the GPS audio-guide will suggest the route for you to follow, you can stop or make detours as you wish.
- The minimum weight per passenger is 33 lbs (15 kg).
- The reduced size of the buggies may mean that taller people (over 6.2 feet; 1.9 metres) may not find them very comfortable.
- Alcohol will not be served to people under 18 years old.
- If the entrance to Château Lascombes is not available, you can visit Prieuré-Lichine or another similar castle.
|Adults||Students||Children aged 17 years and under|
|Médoc Tour at 10 am||
|Margaux Tour at 9 am||
|Pauillac Tour at 9:30 am||
Médoc Tour at 10 am
Children aged 17 years and underUS$ 54.2
Margaux Tour at 9 am
Children aged 17 years and underUS$ 76.2
Pauillac Tour at 9:30 am
Children aged 17 years and underUS$ 109.4
2.5 - 9 hours.
The tour is carried out with an audio guide in English.
Tour in a convertible buggy.
GPS audioguide in English.
Wine tasting (tour dependent).
Petrol and insurance.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Bordeaux local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Quai de Bacalan, 38.