Comfortably and quickly see all of the most important sights in the most academic city in Portugal with this hop-on-hop-off sightseeing bus.
Coimbra Hop-On-Hop-Off Bus
When you take this sightseeing bus, you'll be able to see all of the main sights in this Portuguese university city. The route takes approximately one hour and has an audioguide in English so that you learn all the history and interesting stories about the city. Highlights on the route include the Campismo Park, the university (the oldest in Portugal) and Largo de Portagem (the most famous square in the city). You can check the route and all the stops here.
How Does It Work?
The Coimbra hop-on-hop-off bus ticket is valid for 24 hours from when it is used for the first time. For example, if you use it for the first time on Thursday at 11 am, you can continue using it until Friday at 11 am. During this time you can hop on and hop off the different buses as often as you wish, exploring the beautiful city at your leisure.
Times and Frequencies
- From 15th April to 28th April: every day from 10 to 11:30 am, from 1 to 2:30 pm and from 4 to 5:30 pm. The buses run every 60 minutes.
- From 3rd May to 26th May: Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 11:30 am, from 1:30 to 2:30 pm and from 4 to 5:30 pm. The buses run every 60 minutes.
- From 28th May to 27th October: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 11:30 am, from 1 to 2:30 pm and from 4 to 5:30 pm. The buses run every 90 minutes.
As well as having access to the sightseeing bus for 24 hours, when you purchase a bus ticket, you'll also be able to make use of the following benefits and advantages:
- Free access to Municipal Museums in Coimbra (Edifício Chiado, Turismo and Torre de Almedina)
- Discounts at selected monuments, museums and leisure activities.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 10||Children under 4|
|24 hour ticket||
24 hour ticket
Children between 4 and 10US$ 7
Children under 4Free
The tour is carried out with an audio guide in English.
Unlimited use of the sightseeing bus for 24 hours.
Audioguide in English. Free access to Municipal Museums in Coimbra (Edifício Chiado, Turismo and Torre de Almedina).
Discounts at selected monuments, museums and leisure activities.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).