On this day trip we'll visit the Ciudad Encantada and the source of the Río Cuervo, two of the most famous natural landmarks in the province of Cuenca.
Ciudad Encantada & Río Cuervo Tour
After picking you up from your hotel at the indicated time we'll set off for the Ciudad Encantada (Enchanted City), located 30 kilometres away from Cuenca.
Once we've arrived at this magical place, located in a canyon formed by the Júcar river, we'll explore it to discover the dog, the bear, the turtle, the elephant and the rest of its fascinating formations. Afterwards, we'll stop to eat in a typical restaurant, where you'll be able to choose between several fine dishes.
Then we'll venture into the Serranía de Cuenca Natural Park to visit the source of the Cuervo River, declared a Natural Monument in 1999. This place is famous for the dozens of waterfalls that cascade over moss-covered stalactites.
We'll be back in Cuenca at around 5 pm.
Tour + Lunch
You can book the tour with or without lunch. The 'Tour with lunch' option includes a delicious meal in a typical inn.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 7 years old||Children under 2 years old|
|Tour without lunch||
|Tour with lunch||
Tour without lunch
Children between 2 and 7 years oldUS$ 24.70
Children under 2 years oldFree
Tour with lunch
Children between 2 and 7 years oldUS$ 40.40
Children under 2 years oldFree
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up.
Expert local guide.
Lunch in a typical restaurant (optional).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (9:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.