Do you know the secrets of ancient Roman Hispania? Delve into its history by visiting Segóbriga, Lapis Specularis and Noheda.
Roman Cuenca Tour
At 9:30 am we'll pick you up from your hotel in Cuenca and head north to the district of Noheda, known as "Pompeii of Spain". Next to this small town belonging to the municipality of Villar de Domingo García is one of the province's archaeological gems: the Roman villa of Noheda. Discovered in 2005, this incredible place houses a beautifully preserved mosaic.
We'll also visit Roman remains at the Segóbriga Archaeological Park. Walking around this Celtiberian and Roman site we'll learn about the ancient Roman way of life. The theatre is one of the best-preserved monuments in the area. At the foot of its steps we'll imagine what theatre performances were like in the first century. Next to it we'll visit the amphitheatre where the gladiators fought to death.
From Segóbriga we'll set off for the lands that lie between Huete and Saceda del Río to visit the fascinating Lapis Specularis Mines. At the end of the trip we'll return to Cuenca, arriving by around 2:30 pm.
The Noheda site will be closed from 16th December to 14th January. During this period, we'll visit the Valeria site.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 7 years old||Children under 7 years old|
Children between 2 and 7 years oldUS$ 28.10
Children under 7 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide specialising in the history of Roman Hispania.
Transport in bus or minibus, depending on group size.
Entry fees to places visited.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:30 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).