Learn all the secrets of French champagne with this Épernay, Hautvillers & Mareuil Tour. These villages all have a long tradition of making delicious sparkling wine.
Épernay, Hautvillers & Mareuil Tour
We'll meet at 11:15 am in front of the Moët & Chandon Épernay winery, located at 20 Avenue de Champagne. We'll take a walk along this long boulevard, which also contains the cellars of other prestigious French champagne companies such as Pol Roger, Perrier Jouët, Mercier and Boizel. We'll also stop in front of the statue of Dom Pérignon, the monk who created an innovative method for making champagne in the 17th century.
After the tour of the Avenue de Champagne, we'll board a minibus to go to the vineyards on the outskirts of Épernay. In this area we'll see the champagne terroirs, where the vines are grown. The next stop will be at another birthplace of French champagne, Hautvillers, to visit the church where the remains of Dom Pérignon lie.
Our next stop will be the beautiful Mareuil-sur-Ay. Here we'll enjoy a tasting 3 French champagnes. The tasting will take place in a typical house in the region called Le Clos Corbier. We'll also have a delicious traditional lunch that will include 3 different dishes of French gastronomy.
In the afternoon, we'll go to a family winery in the region to taste their excellent homemade champagnes. These home-made sparkling wines will surprise us with their sweet and pleasant touch on the palate, and they have nothing to envy the big commercial brands!
Finally, we'll return to the starting point in Épernay, arriving at 5:15 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 10 and 17 years old||Children under 10|
Children between 10 and 17 years oldUS$ 119.50
Children under 10not permitted
6 hours 15 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Tasting of 8 champagnes.
Traditional French lunch.
Additional food and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Moët & Chandon wineries (Avenue de Champagne, 20).