El Roque Nublo and Bentayga, Tejeda, Artenara... Discover these impressive locations with this Sacred Mountains of Gran Canaria Tour from Las Palmas. You'll enjoy unforgettable landscapes travelling through the highest part of the island.
Sacred Mountains of Gran Canaria Tour
After picking you up at the chosen meeting point in Las Palmas between 9 and 9:45 am, we'll go into one of the most impressive areas of the island of Gran Canaria, the Sacred Mountains.
First, we'll travel to the small village of Moya, where we'll visit the house-museum of the poet Tomás Morales. You'll find out about the life of the island's representative for lyrical modernism and we'll approach the Doramas jungle viewpoint.
The tour will continue through the Sacred Mountains by bus through different villages and viewpoints, where we'll stop so that you can admire the landscape. One of the viewpoints we'll stop at Gáldar and the Montañón Negro.
The next stop will be the village of Artenara, one of the highest places we'll visit as well as the best views of the Roque Nublo and the Bentayga. Named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2019, we'll see its famous cave-houses as well as the replica of the Fallen Rock.
After this visit, you'll have 1 hour of free time to recover your strength in a restaurant in Artenara. After enjoying the Canarian food, we'll go to the last destination of the day, Tejeda. Did you know that it is considered one of the most beautiful villages in Spain?
We'll walk through the cobbled streets of Tejeda and its traditional whitewashed houses. We also recommend you try its famous almond sweets, which are delicious! The tour will end returning to Las Palmas at approximately 5 pm.
This tour includes pick-up at the following points in Las Palmas:
- Hotel Astoria: 9:10 am.
- Hotel Reina Isabel: 9:20 am.
- Hotel AC Marriot Gran Canaria: 9:25 am.
- Hotel Cristina: 9:30 am.
- Hotel Santa Catalina (next to the Atis Tirma statue): 9:35 am.
- Hotel Parque: 9:40 am.
- Plaza de las Ranas (next to the Kiosks): 9:45 am.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 8 and 13 years old||Children under 8|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 8 and 13 years oldUS$ 31.50
Children under 8not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
Pick up and transfer back to Las Palmas.
Transportation by bus.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to Tomás Morales museum house.
Entrance to the museum replica of the Fallen Cliff.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.