The Guadix cave houses and the Gorafe megalithic monuments are a must-see in the province of Granada. Discover them with this Guadix and Gorafe Day Trip.
Guadix & Gorafe Day Trip
We'll depart from the Plaza Mariana Pineda in Granada towards the mountainous regions in the north of the province.
First, we'll stop in the town of Guadix. During our guided tour of this beautiful town in Granada, we'll visit the main historical monuments including La Encarnación cathedral and the Santa Ana, Santo Domingo and San Francisco churches.
The tour will continue to one of the great attractions of the city: the Guadix cave houses. Do you know the origin of these curious houses? After having a few minutes of free time to have lunch, in the afternoon we'll go to the nearby village of Gorafe. Here, we'll visit one of the most outstanding archaeological sites in this area of Andalusia: the Gorafe Megalithic Park. The site houses a series of dolmens (prehistoric monuments built in stone) dating back to the Neolithic period.
The megalithic park has also been the subject of various archaeological theories about its possible origins. The experts haven't come to an agreement but during our visit, we'll try to understand the enigmas that this important enclave generates. From Gorafe we'll return to the centre of Granada.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 8% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
Children under 12 years oldUS$ 54.30
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Transport in climatised vehicle.
Expert English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 1 hour before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Plaza de Mariana Pineda.