Explore the North of Portugal with this trip to Viana do Castelo and Ponte de Lima from Guimaraes. We'll visit their historic centres, the Santa Luzia Sanctuary and taste the famous green wine.
Alto Minho Tour
We'll pick you up in the morning to set off on our trip to Viana do Castelo and Ponte de Lima, the two gems of the Alto Minho region. Our first stop will be Viana de Castelo, about an hour and a half's drive from Guimaraes.
Accompanied by our English speaking guide, we'll tour the historic centre of this beautiful city that is nestled between the sea, river and the mountains. After touring its main monuments, streets and squares, we'll hop on the minibus to head to the Santa Luzia Sanctuary, which towers over the landscape of Viana do Castelo from the top of the mountain. When we arrive, we'll go on a guided tour of this magnificent temple and enjoy panoramic views of the town, the Lima River and the Atlantic Ocean.
Next, we'll head to our second destination: Ponte de Lima, famous for its gastronomy. As soon as we arrive we'll get some lunch in a typical restaurant in the centre of the town. After lunch, we'll tour the historic centre of Ponte de Lima, the oldest city in Portugal. We'll also visit its famous Roman bridge over the Lima River, where we'll admire spectacular views of the city.
Afterwards, we'll get lost in the beautiful green landscapes of the Peneda-Gerês National Park on our way back to Guimaraes. Before we leave, we'll get the chance to taste the famous Portuguese green wine in Arcos de Valdevez.
At the end of the trip, we'll make our way back to Guimaraes.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 52.80
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Professional English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned minibus.
Guided tour around the historic centre of Viana do Castelo.
Guided tour of the Santa Luzia Sanctuary.
Guided tour of Ponte de Lima.
Food and drink.
Green wine tasting.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).