Explore Portugal's most famous wine-growing region with this tour of the Douro Valley from Guimaraes.
Douro Valley Tour
After picking you up from your hotel in Guimaraes in the morning, we'll set off for the Douro region. After about an hour and a half's journey, we'll reach the Douro River, the largest riverbank on the Iberian Peninsula.
Our first stop will be a local vineyard, or as they call it in Portuguese, a quinta. There we'll enjoy a tasting of the region's world-famous Port wine, as well as learn more about how this wine is produced and the best ways to taste it.
We'll then continue on our tour of the Douro region, enjoying its spectacular landscapes of endless vineyards. The next part of the tour will be a boat trip along the Douro River to discover the region from a unique perspective.
For lunch, we'll head to to the village of Pinhao, where we'll go to a local restaurant to enjoy a delicious traditional meal on the banks of the Duero River.
Later, we'll go to a small village in the valley where we'll visit the second vineyard. Here we'll delve deep into viniculture and taste the flavours of the Douro Valley with a glass of Port wine. Cheers!
At the end of the tour, we'll take you back to your hotels in Guimaraes, enjoying unparalleled views of the green vineyards merging with the glistening Duero River on the journey back.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 57.80
Children under 4 years oldFree
9 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Professional English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned minibus.
Visit to two vineyards and wine tasting in both.
Food and drink.
Boat ride on the Douro River.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:30 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).