Street artists, the characteristic blue tiles, the Duero river, Port wine... These are just some of the ingredients that make up this trip to Porto- an essential part of your visit to Portugal.
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Guimaraes in the morning and set off for Porto in a minibus.
After just under an hour, the second-largest city in Portugal will appear on the horizon. We'll delve into the history and beauty of Porto as we walk through the historic centre accompanied by our guide, until we reach the magnificent Sao Bento Station. Inside, we'll marvel at its 20000 bright blue tiles that tell the story of Portugal's fascinating history. With the help of our guide, we'll try to decipher the meanings of the images on the tiles and learn more about the country's origins.
Later, we'll head to the upper part of the city, where the spectacular Porto Cathedral awaits us. We'll head inside this magnificent place of worship that was built in the 12th century, before exploring the winding medieval streets that surround the Cathedral until we reach the Rua das Flores. This street, overflowing with flowers and street artists, will lead us to the Clérigos Church, after passing by the Town Hall and the monumental Avenida de los Aliados. Once at the church, we'll begin to explore the liveliest district of the city and stop for lunch in a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, we'll stroll through the Boavista neighbourhood on the way to the Duero riverbank. We'll cross the river to the neighbouring town of Vila Nova de Gaia, home to a number of vineyards producing the famous Port wine. We'll visit one of them to learn about how this wine is made and enjoy an exquisite wine tasting.
Afterwards, we'll head back to the Duero River to set off on an hour-long boat ride past the six bridges of Porto, marvelling at the iconic Puente de Luis I, built in the 19th century to join Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia.
After admiring Porto from the river, we'll hop back on the minibus to enjoy panoramic views of the city as we make our way back to Guimaraes.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 55.80
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned minibus.
Guided tour of the Porto Cathedral and the Sao Bento train station.
Visit to a wine cellar and wine tasting.
Food and drink.
Six bridges cruise (approximately 1 hour).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).