Explore West Crete on this excursion to Chania, Kournas Lake & Rethymno from Heraklion. Discover two of the most beautiful spots on the island and its stunning natural landscapes.
Chania, Kournas Lake & Rethymno Day Trip
At 7:30 am on the morning of the tour, we'll pick you up from your hotel in Heraklion. From there, we'll head west along the coast of Crete until we reach Chania, the first stop of the day.
We'll immerse ourselves in the streets of Chania and discover this important Minoan city, also called the "mother of Cretan cities." Passing through the Old Town, we'll come across the beautiful harbor, the Venetian fortress and the Turkish mosques. We will also explore the modern part of the city, a perfect spot to taste the local gastronomy.
After exploring Chania, you'll have free time to refuel at a local restaurant and continue exploring the city at your leisure. With your batteries recharged, we'll return to the minibus and drive to Kournas Lake. The moment we arrive, you'll be stunned by the area's extensive vegetation and the large freshwater habitat it harbors.
We'll tour the area and get to know the great variety of flora and fauna in Kournas, such as eels and two-color turtles. While we're here, you'll also have a moment to relax and enjoy a swim in this spectacular lagoon!
For our last stop, we'll travel to Rethymno for a guided tour. In this town, you'll get to visit emblematic places like the 16th-century Venetian fortress, the Rimondi Fountain, the Loggia as well as the city's various mosques.
At the end of the activity, you will be driven back to your hotel in Heraklion, arriving around 7:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 63% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 10% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 7-12 years old||Children under 7 years old|
Children 7-12 years oldUS$ 25.50
Children under 7 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pickup and return.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.