Hundreds of year old temples, tranquil parks, lively deer, delicious cuisine... All this and much more awaits you with this Miyajima Day Trip! Discover the beautiful island from Hiroshima.
Miyajima Day Trip
At 10 am, we'll meet at Hiroden-Miyajimaguchi Station in Hatsukaichi City, where the ships will leave for the charming island of Miyajima. We'll walk to the pier and board a ferry for a ten-minute ride.
Once at our destination, the great Torii of Itsukushima Shrine will welcome us. After taking some pictures next to this sacred gate, we'll tour the famous temple named a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We'll talk about the deep religious sentiment in Japan while we visit the prayer room and the offering room, among other rooms.
Our next stop will be the Daishoin temple, where we'll leave Shintoism behind to enter the universe of Buddhism. The route will also take us to Momijidani Park, make sure to keep an eye out for the deer!
After taking in the tranquillity of this wooded area, we'll approach the five-story pagoda, Gojunoto, and the wooden Senjokaku hall, from the 15th and 16th centuries. Next, we'll enjoy a small tasting of local food in the Omotesando shopping street, including oysters, dumplings and other delicacies.
The tour will end at 2:30 pm on Omotesando Street.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 20% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 17 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 17 years oldUS$ 48
Children under 4 years oldFree
4 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the temples.
Ferry to Miyajima: ¥ 360 (US$ 3.40) per person.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.