Trace the footsteps of Christopher Columbus when you take our wonderful tour through the province of Huelva. Along the way, we will visit the Rábida Friary, where Columbus planned his epic voyage to the New World, and we will step onboard the three ships which undertook that famous journey.
Columbus Route Trip in Huelva
We will pick you up early in the morning from your hotel in Isla Cristina and head to Palos de la Frontera, a small fishing village that was immortalized in history thanks Christopher Columbus.
It was here, in this tiny corner of Huelva where Columbus planned his voyage to the Indies. Originally intended as a way to find a new route to the Asian continent, this epic sea journey resulted in one of the most important events in history, the discovery of the Americas.
Columbus prepared for this whilst staying in the Rábida Friary, considered the birthplace of the expedition. Our guide will show you around this Franciscan sanctuary, constructed between the 14th and 15th century, and you will discover the wonderful art and history hidden within its walls.
After visiting the historic residence of Columbus, we will then head to the Wharf of the Caravels. It was from here, on 3 August 1492, that the Niña, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria ships set sail on the epic voyage of discovery. Nowadays, it is home to life-size replicas of the vessels. Our guide will show you around all the rooms and hidden corners of these magnificent boats.
After leaving the wharf, we then head to the Isla del Encuentro, a recreation of the Indigenous community which Columbus found when he first hit the shore of the Americas. We will also visit the Medieval Neighborhood which is a representation of Palos de la Frontera during the time of Columbus. At the end of the visit, we will jump back on the bus and head back to Isla Cristina.
Departures from other locations
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 10 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children from 4 to 10 years oldUS$ 23.40
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking local guide.
Hotel pickup and drop off.
Transport by bus.
Entry to the monuments.
Food and drink.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.