Discover the history and architecture of Huelva, and the legacy left by its former economic dependence on British capital, when you take our fantastic trip from Isla Cristina. You will encounter the Cathedral and the University, and explore the narrow historic streets of the city center.
We will collect you early in the morning from your hotel in Isla Cristina before heading to Huelva. Upon arriving, the local guide will accompany you on an extensive panoramic bus tour around the essential landmarks of the city. From the comfort of the open-top vehicle, you will see the 17th-century Huelva Cathedral with an elegant mixture of renaissance and baroque architectural styles.
The panoramic tour continues at the University of Huelva, located next door to the Cathedral in an ancient convent. We will also visit the Barrio Inglés neighborhood which was built for workers of the Rio Tinto Company. As this company was British-owned, the houses here have an early 19th-century English architectural style and the district feels like a unique corner of Spain.
We will also pass the House of Columbus, one of Huelva's iconic landmarks and another testament to the city's British industrial past. It was originally built as a luxury hotel for the directors of mining companies which proliferated at the end of the 19th-century. This was also where the oldest football club in Spain, Recreativo de Huelva, was founded in 1889.
Our panoramic bus journey finishes in the historic city center where you will have free time to continue exploring Huelva at your own pace. Landmarks such as the City Hall, the monument to Christopher Columbus, Plaza de las Monjas square, and the Church of San Pedro - the oldest shrine in the city - are all waiting to be discovered. You can also take the opportunity to do some shopping on the main streets or try some tasty traditional tapas, such as the famous white prawns. When the trip to Huelva has finished, the bus will drive you back to your hotel.
Departures from other locations
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 10 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children from 4 to 10 years oldUS$ 18
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.