Food evokes all our senses – taste, smell, vision and feel. A tour of the Connemara Oyster farm truly excites all our senses. Smell the fresh wild Atlantic air, while learning about oyster farming and trying some too!
Oyster Tasting and Farm Tour
With this tour of Oyster Farm in Letterfrack we'll be able to explore and understand the process of oyster farming, See the farm crew working hard in the water to grow the most perfectly formed oysters. Shuck your own oyster and take a punt at the weight, again all while learning more about the work put in to create flawless oysters. And, of course, finish your tour with a taste of a beautiful fresh oyster!
The tour lasts approximately 1 hour and goes through the whole process of how the farm brings the oysters from seeds to your plate. It's perfect for anyone interested in Irish culture, tradition, seafood or just loves Connemara, a place situated in a coastal location with stunning views of the wild Atlantic Way.
Visitors can also enjoy the fresh produce of the farm as they can purchase oysters to take home with them. A real delicacy for everyone to try!
Our extended tours during Spring tides are special and include a walk on the seashore to the oyster beds. The tour is suitable for children aged 6+ years old and has a moderate mobility requirement.
We recommend wearing warm, waterproof clothes as the weather is very unpredictable. Weatherproof walking shoes/boots or wellingtons. Sunglasses, water/refreshments, camera and sunblock.
Please let us know if you have any allergies.
Advantages of a Private Tour
By booking a private tour you'll receive a personalised service, choose the day and time that best suits you and if you're a big group you'll even save money!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
This is a private tour organised for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Adults (over 18)||Children under 18|
Adults (over 18)US$ 40.30
Children under 18not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Fresh oyster tasting ( 1 per person).
Explanation of life cycle of the Oyster.
Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, most areas are accessible.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Oyster Farm (Ballinakill Bay, Dawros, IE)