This day trip to Piran and Škocjan is your chance to see one of the world's largest underground canyons. What are you waiting for?
Piran & Škocjan Caves Day Trip
After picking you up at 8:30 am, we'll leave the Slovenian capital behind and head south-west towards the Škocjan Caves.
Declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1986, these caves are an incredible natural wonder! You'll be able to head down more than 200 metres below ground level and see these limestone rock formations for yourself. You're sure to be impressed!
When we leave the caves, we'll make our way to Lipica. This small town is home to one of the country's best-kept secrets. Famous for its Lipizzaner horses, here lies the oldest stud farm in Europe.
Next, we'll take you to a local restaurant where you'll have an hour of free time to eat at your leisure. Then, with your energy replenished we'll continue our journey towards the coast of Slovenia and we'll make a stop at the Socerb Castle. The views of the Gulf of Trieste are breathtaking from here!
We'll continue travelling past Izola and Portoroz and finally, we'll reach Piran; a picturesque city built on the shore of the Adriatic Sea. This beautiful part of the coast once belonged to the Republic of Venice, and as you wander along the streets you'll notice the clear Italian influence in the architecture.
Unfortunately, our day trip will then come to an end, and we'll make our way back to Ljubljana and drop you back at your hotel at around 6:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 14 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 14 years oldUS$ 41
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to Škocjan caves (€16 per person).
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.