Discover a Grecian paradise on this excursion to the island of Gramvousa and Balos Lagoon. Enjoy a day soaking in the natural beauty of stunning beaches.
Gramvousa & Balos Lagoon Excursion
First thing in the morning, at 5:30 am, we will pick you up from your hotel in Malia. From there, we will head west until we reach Skaleta, a small town where we'll make a stop for some breakfast.
With our batteries charged and ready to go, we will make our way to Kissamos, where we will board a boat to take us to the island of Gramvousa. As we approach, it will be hard not to admire this island's natural beauty, also known as 'Pirates Island.' From the boat, we'll also witness a peculiar geological phenomenon unique to Gramvousa: the simultaneous lifting and sinking of both sides of the island.
Once we step foot on Gramvousa, we'll visit the Venetian fortress and uncover the island's history of pirates. We'll also take the opportunity to enjoy impressive views of the natural beauty of the surrounding area from this vantage point. A great spot for photos!
And of course, we can't leave Gramvousa without relaxing on its heavenly beaches! You'll have plenty of free time to take a dip in crystalline waters, explore the famous shipwreck and bask in the sun.
In the afternoon, the group will return to the boat to visit Balos Lagoon. Reminiscent of an exotic beach in the Caribbean, it's no surprise that Balos is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in Crete! Here, you will enjoy more free time to soak up the sun and enjoy paradise, before we head back to our starting point.
At the end of the tour, you will be taken back to your hotel, arriving around 8:30 pm.
This activity includes pickup from hotels in Malia, Stalis, Hersonissos, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gouves, Gournes, Kokkini Chani, Kateros, Heraklión and Ammoudara – Heraklión.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 63% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 10% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 25.20
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
Hotel pickup and return.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Boat trip: € 18 (US$ 21.60) per adult and € 9 (US$ 10.80) per child aged 4 to 12.
Island admission fee: € 1 (US$ 1.20) per person.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.