Discover the marvels of Crete on this hiking tour of Samaria Gorge. The perfect day trip for nature lovers!
Samaria Gorge Hiking Tour
Bright and early on the morning of the tour, we will pick you up from your hotel in Malia. At 5:30 am, we will hit the road for Skaleta in a comfortable minibus, giving you time to catch some extra Zzz's before we start our adventure.
Making a stop in Skaleta, you'll have time to fuel up and get some breakfast before we continue on our journey to the Omalos Plateau. Once we arrive, we'll start on our hiking route through Samaria Gorge, starting from Xyloskalo, over 1200 meters above sea level.
Over the course of six or seven hours, you'll explore Samaria National Park, discovering its lush forests of Cypress trees, rock formations of the ravine, and the crystalline waters of its streams and springs. Not to mention the rich variety of local wildlife and vegetation the area has to offer!
On the final stretch of our trek, we'll come across the famous Iron Gates, the most narrow section of the mountain pass. The perfect spot for a photo op! The last stop on the tour will be in the small fishing village of Agia Roumeli, where you'll have time to get lunch at a local restaurant.
Regrouping after lunch, we'll start on journey way back to Malia, arriving around 7:30 pm.
This tour includes pickup from hotels in Malia, Stalis, Hersonissos, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gouves, Gournes, Kokkini Chani, Kateros, Heraklion and Ammoudara – Heraklion.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 63% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 10% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 7-12 years old||Children under 7|
Children 7-12 years oldUS$ 29.10
Children under 7not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
Hotel pickup and return.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to Samaria Gorge: € 5 (US$ 6.10) per person.
Transport by boat: € 11 (US$ 13.40) per adult and € 6 (US$ 7.30) per child.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.