Are you a lover of Japanese cuisine? Find out how to prepare its most popular dishes with this Japanese Cooking Workshop in Miyajima. You can learn how to make Onigiri or Higashi. You decide!
Japanese Cooking Workshop
When the clock strikes 10 am we'll meet at the Miyajima Okeiko Japan Academy. Are you ready to start your cooking class?
For half an hour, we'll attend a culinary demonstration to learn how to make one of the hallmarks of Japanese cuisine.
If you prefer savoury, you can participate in the Onigiri workshop, the classic rice ball filled with different ingredients. Do you prefer sweet? In that case, you'll love the Higashi workshop. These rice flour and sugar cakes make a delicious touch for many tea ceremonies.
Once we've made our own Japanese dishes, we treat our tastebuds to the delicacies.
The activity will end at 10:30 am.
Rent a kimono
You also have the option to rent a traditional Japanese kimono. You'll have 30 minutes to choose your outfit and get ready. Then, you'll start the writing course which finishes at 11 am.
More workshops in Miyajima
You can enjoy more activities in Miyajima by booking the cultural experience. It includes up to three workshops to choose between cooking, tea ceremony and writing.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person||Children under 6|
|Workshop without kimono||
|Workshop with kimono||
Workshop without kimono
Per personUS$ 45.90
Children under 6not permitted
Workshop with kimono
Per personUS$ 91.90
Children under 6not permitted
30 minutes - 1 hour.
The activity takes place with an escort that speaks in english and other language.
Onigiri or higashi workshop.
Kimono rental (according to modality).
English speaking companion.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Okeiko Japan Academy