The Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus service in Muscat is a convenient way to discover the hidden jewel of Arabia. You can get on and off at any of the stops to explore the city at your own leisure.
Routes and stops
This sightseeing bus route through Muscat includes 10 stops and lasts for a total of 2 hours. On board the double-decker bus you will tour the unmissable sights of the Omani capital. Throughout the journey there will be pre-recorded commentary in English about the landmarks you visit.
Some of the most interesting stops on the tour are the Al Alam Palace, the Parliament of Oman, the Qurum National Park and the Corniche.
You can consult the route and all the stops on the map by clicking on this link:
How does it work?
The ticket is valid for 1 or 2 consecutive days from when it is used for the first time. During this time, you can get on and off the bus as many times as you want. This means you can easily visit Muscat's must-see attractions.
Although when making the reservation you will be asked for a start date, you can use the service over the twelve months following the start date. When you have made your reservation, we'll send you a voucher you must hand in on the first bus you get on.
Timetable and frequency
- Red line: from 9 am to 6:40 pm, every 30 minutes. The last bus from stop 1 at 5 pm. The total route lasts two hours.
The Muscat Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour is operational as long as there are cruise ships docked in the port. Otherwise, a 1 hour 45 minute non-stop panoramic tour of the city will be provided as an alternative. The panoramic bus tour departs at 10 am and 2 pm from stop number 1.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 to 15 years old||Under 5 years old|
|1 Day Ticket||
US$ 78 US$ 70.20
US$ 49 US$ 44.10
|2 Day Ticket||
US$ 91 US$ 81.90
US$ 60 US$ 54
1 Day Ticket
AdultsUS$ 78 US$ 70.20
Children between 5 to 15 years oldUS$ 49 US$ 44.10
Under 5 years oldFree
2 Day Ticket
AdultsUS$ 91 US$ 81.90
Children between 5 to 15 years oldUS$ 60 US$ 54
Under 5 years oldFree
The tour includes audio commentary in English.
Unlimited use of the Big Bus service in Muscat for the contracted time.
Bus trip around the principle tourist attractions in Muscat.
Headphones for each person.
10% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.