The white towns of Torrox, Competa, and Sayalonga possess a very special charm. Tour these pretty municipalities of Malaga and try their delicious muscatel wines.
Torrox, Cómpeta and Sayalonga Day Trip Itinerary
Once we have collected you from your hotel in Nerja will head west to Torrox, situated only 30 minutes by road.
During our guided tour of Torrox, where the climate is considered as one of the best in Europe, we will explore its historic center. You will appreciate the town’s design from the al-Andalus era in which the municipality earned great importance within the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada.
We continue our route through the comarca of Axarquia in Malaga, visiting the ancient town of Competa. This municipality of whitewashed buildings, nestled in the middle of the Almijara sierra, is noted for its al-Andalus past and its wine producing tradition. To learn about the process in more detail, we will visit a local bodega in which you can taste various muscatel wines. The quality is held in such high esteem that it was even served at the royal wedding of Felipe VI and Letizia Ortiz in 2004.
Our last stop is at another beautiful white town - Sayalonga. Here we will enjoy a traditional local lunch in which you choose between two starters, two main plates, and two desserts. It also includes a refreshing drink. After eating we will make a brief guided walking tour of the picturesque streets. Finally, we will start the return journey to the same hotels from where we started.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old.|
Children under 3 years old.Free
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in airconditioned vehicle.
English speaking guide.
Visit to a local bodega with a wine tasting.
Guided tour of Torrox, Competa, and Sayalonga.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Nerja).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - this activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).