Explore the magnificent Palace of Versailles, the main residence of the French Royal Family from 1682 until 1789, on a full day-tour by bike!
Versailles Bike Day Tour
Greet your expert English-speaking guide and the rest of the group in a small park in Paris and set off to Versailles on a comfortable train.
Upon arrival in the quaint town of Versailles, hop on a bicycle and peddle to the renowned city market, where you'll choose your picnic supplies (not included in the tour price). Next, you'll ride to the Palace of Versailles and discover its beautiful grounds, packed with pretty tree-lined paths and winding trails. During the bike tour, you'll stop numerous times to learn about the fascinating history of one of the most famous monuments of world heritage.
Once you get to the Grand Canal, park your bike and enjoy a delicious hand-picked picnic. With your energy restored, cruise through the grounds to visit Marie Antoinette’s Hamlet and the Petit Trianon, a small château commissioned by Louis XV of France. Afterwards, make your way to the Palace of Versailles, where you'll be handed skip-the-line entrance tickets, so you can avoid the endless queues and walk straight in. Visit its striking rooms and learn about the beginning of the French Revolution with your English language audioguide. Then, discover the wonderful Hall of Mirrors, where the Treaty of Versailles was signed to end the First World War.
You can spend as much time as you want visiting the Palace and, after the visit, you can return to Paris with by train, the price of the ticket is included in the tour.
- Activity level: Athletic cycling.
- The bike tour will take place rain or shine, so please dress accordingly. If you don’t have a waterproof coat, you can purchase a rain poncho at our office.
- All participants over 12 years old must be able to ride a bike.
- All participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please write in the comments section if you need special equipment for your children.
- If you are able please, bring a backpack to carry your food for our picnic lunch. We will visit the market upon our arrival (price of picnic are not included in tour price) to the town of Versailles and then stop for lunch several hours later. Please bring Euro cash for market supplies as well.
|Adults||Children 4-17 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children 4-17 years oldUS$ 91.80
Children under 4 years oldFree
* The price varies based on the chosen date
8 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Helmet (provided but optional)
Return transport Versailles Paris
Guided tour of Royal Grounds
Access to Chateau
Access to Royal Gardens
Access to Queen's Hamlet and Petit Trianon
Audio guide inside the castle
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Not wheelchair accessible.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code. Specifically, this activity applies the following practices: Show more
No printing of documentation required.
Promotes local employment.
Has a gender equality policy.
Has a carbon footprint offset policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us .
Where does the activity end?
Avenue Émile Zola, 1
Where does the activity end?